The Arc Gymnastics Seminar takes beginner & intermediate trainees through two days of drills, exercises & progressions for the major skills of functional fitness.
Each skill section begins with basic activation drills and holds, and gradually moves towards piecing together the full skill with maximum efficiency.
Participants will also be taken through the relevant mobility & strength exercises for each skill, and following each section of practical work is a theoretical re-cap for more context.
Since the opening drills for any section are universal, beginners do not have to worry about being out of their depth. The level of movement breakdown allows beginners to learn, and intermediates to unlock the missing pieces of their practice.
All participants receive the ARC Gymnastics training handbook, which is 28 pages of material that covers the coaching system spread over 3 levels. The material includes a training “map” for each level which outlines benchmarks needed to achieve to advance through the system.
9:00am - 3:30pm
(1 Hour Lunch)
Warm up exercises, positions & shapes.
- Scapula Activation & Flexibility for Pull-Ups.
- Dissecting the Pull-Up
- Pull-Up Progression system.
DIPS / HSPU:
- Coaching The Foundations of Bodyweight Pressing.
- Ring Supports & Ring Dips
- Strict HSPU Progression System.
- Shoulder Rehab / Prehab.
- Programming System & Review for Pull-Ups & HSPU.
- Breaking down the strength components
- Transition Positions
9:00am - 3:30pm (1 Hour Lunch)
- Toes-to-Bar Strength & Skill requirements.
- Hip Flexibility + L-Sit Development.
- Compression drills & Floor Core.
- Toes-to-Bar Specific Drills.
- Shoulder Flexibility & Shape for Handstands.
- Inversion progressions for efficient strength.
- Understanding Handstand alignment.
- Freestanding Handstands + Handstand Walking
- Coaching The Ring Muscle-Up.
- Strict Muscle-Up Strength Pre-requisites.
- The varying requirements of Strict & Kipping Muscle-Ups.
- False Grip Development & wrist strength.
- Strict transitions
- Kipping transitions.
Impact Training Bicester
Copyright ARC Gymnastics 2020